The information on this website is provided as a service by Sherring Diamonds Ltd. The use of the web site is subject to and constitutes the user’s agreement to the terms and conditions notes below.
Information on this web site is provided by Sherring Diamonds Ltd solely for the user’s information and it is provided without warranty, guarantee or responsibility of any kind, either expressed or implied. Although we make every effort to ensure all information is accurate and complete we cannot guarantee its integrity, or that the information is current or accurate.
What information do we collect?
1.0 We will only collect customer information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- To verify ownership of customer products in our care;
- To identify customer order preferences;
- To communicate in preferred channels with our customers;
- To deliver requested products and services;
- To apply warranty work to our products;
- To enter contests & promotions;
- To communicate through writing or through email;
- To correspond through text message or on the telephone;
- To provide assistance through our website;
- To provide accurate insurance estimate requests;
- To adhere to legal requirements for credit applications;
1.1 The types of personal information of personal information we may collect include:
- Contact information (name, postal code, email address, and mobile or telephone number);
- Username and password if you have a registered account with us;
- Payment information (such as you payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address);
- Purchase, return, wish list and transaction information;
- Customer service information (such as customer service inquiries, comments and history);
- Device information;
- Photographs, comments and other content you provide;
- Information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, anniversary date, demographics (such as gender, occupation, income and marital status), experiences with our products, and shopping and contact preferences;
- Social media information;
- Contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact; information we may obtain from our third-party service providers.
How We Use the Information We Collect?
2.0 The majority of the collection and use of your personal information is to offer complete and accurate servicing for warranties, special orders, or repairs services. We may use the information described above in one or more of the following ways, and we may seek specific consent prior to such use, depending on your province:
- To provide our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide requested products and services including, as applicable, order confirmation, billing, and delivering products or services;
- To process and track orders;
- To respond to comments, questions, or concerns;
- To prevent and detect fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- To improve or develop new services and product offerings;
- To identify, offer, and contact you with personalized content and advertising, including newsletters, articles, product or service alerts, new product or service announcements, event invitations, and other information;
- To conduct market research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs across product categories or customer groups;
- To alert you about a product safety announcement or recall or correction of an offer, promotion or advertisement;
- To enroll you in loyalty or other programs, and enter you into sweepstakes and promotion, or advertisement;
- To keep a record of our interactions with you if you place an order or otherwise deal with our representatives over telephone or online;
- To notify you of changes to our Website or any products or services we offer;
- For marketing and promotional purposes;
- To verify and validate your identity to reduce credit risk and manage collections;
- To ensure that your shopping experience is as easy and as pleasant as possible;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights; and to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
2.1 We may collect, use or disclose personal information without the customer’s knowledge or consent in the following limited circumstances:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
- When the personal information is available from a public source (e.g., a telephone directory);
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- For the purposes of collecting a debt;
- To protect ourselves from fraud;
- To investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law.
How do we protect your information?
3.0 We are committed to the protection and confidentiality of our customer’s information. We enforce commercially reasonable security measures online and in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, disclosure, or alteration of personal information provided to us. Access to customer information, paper or electronic, is limited to only those that are on a business need to know basis. We enforce strict policies to the use and protection of that information while under their supervision. We ensure that any third parties that may have limited access to your information like mail vendors, follow similar security and privacy policies. We do not sell, rent or lend customer information to any individual, company, or organization. The privacy policies of our company and third party partners conform and go beyond the Canadian federal legislation in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
Securing Personal Information
4.0 We are committed to ensuring the security of customer personal information in order to protect it from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks.
4.1 We will use appropriate security measures when destroying customer’s personal information such as shredding documents and deleting electronically stored information.
5.0 Sherring Diamonds Ltd makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the product, pricing and descriptions on this website. However, in such an unlikely occurrence we reserve the right to correct any typographical errors. Merchandise is enlarged to show detail & may not always be exactly as shown.
Providing Customers Access to Personal Information
6.0 Customers have a right to access their personal information. Upon request, we will tell customers how we use their personal information.
Contact us by email at Sherringgold@sasktel.net or by telephone at (306)782-4653.